Monday, August 08, 2005

 

Car 5-11 where are you ???

I am certainly blessed that I get to write you a second Blah-g in less than 12 hours !



While waiting for the Shuttle to land early this morning I had the old radio on and I began to hear the audio start to break up. I'm talking about on OUR 800 Mhz system, not on the Shuttle.

I took a quick signal measurement here and it seemed to be normal however it would drop out now and then. Hmmm, that’s not good.

I continued to monitor the signal and listen while watching the screen on my computer to see what the 800 Mhz system was doing. What I saw on the screen was the good old "-1" syndrome.

What does this “-1” syndrome do or mean ? Beats the digi-crap out of me, all I know is that when I see a screen filled with “-1”s in the Talkgroup location of my "dispatch" screen it usually means that the SYSTEM starts to have problems.

Another day another dime as sure enough around 10 AM this morning transmissions started to cut out. “HELL O 9 11” I was losing signal here altogether for a minute then it would come back up spotty.

Another thing that happened was the CONTROL CHANNEL changed. This tells me that the system is in TROUBLE !! Then it Changed again, oh boy !

During that time two things happened, and both to the VANDERGRIFT POLICE DEPARTMENT (Greensburg PD, are you reading this ?)

The first thing of importance was that car 5-11 tried to transmit and the SYSTEM wouldn't let him.

Why Tony wanted to transmit or what he wanted to say isn’t of concern to me. What is of concern to the Booger Blah-ger is that Tony’s transmission wasn’t able to go through !

So, I guess 5-11 was just asking for the time, right ? Maybe he was down and needed help, like in an emergency ! Naw, that couldn’t happen to Tony’s so I guess it doesn’t matter if these radios work all the time, or even work at all.

To hear a condensed audio cut (you know the audio never lies) CLICK HERE. The file’s location is http://www.k3sam.com/800/audio/RadioProblems-08Aug05.mp3 if you would rather use that link.

The other thing of importance that happened to TONY (the same officer, I guess just luck ! Huh Tony ?) was a foot pursuit in Vandergrift where a prisoner broke free from the Sheriff who he was with.

Tony ran after the prisoner and the radio’s transmissions were HORRIBLE !

At the very beginning you can hear the 911 Dispatcher say “down where, Jackson ?”.

Tony’s response was broken up (great multi-million dollar radio system, huh) but you can hear Tony’s broken transmission say “Negative, on foot”. The dispatcher returns with “Heading down Jackson on foot”.

That’s NOT What Was Said !

Remember, the system tower in my area was FUNKY (good system, right) and the audio was also broken… BUT here is the audio clip for the foot pursuit CLICK HERE. The file’s name is http://www.k3sam.com/800/audio/FootPursuit-08Aug05.mp3 if you want the link, in it's condensed form. Just like soup.

= = = = = = =
Just seeing the above two examples of this Multi-Million dollar system would make one wonder. Wonder why anyone is USING it !!

Put up another 15 to 20 towers at OUR EXPENSE and it MIGHT work. OR we can BULLDOZE ALL OF THE MOUNTAINS so this area is FLAT.

Which would be easier ? Hmmm, I know how to drive the bulldozer, someone get the gas. Do we need a permit ?

= = = = = = =
On a lighter note, I heard a nice lady in IRWIN MEDIC 202 today and she was so happy, cheerful, uppity, perky, smilefully (I know, not a word.. I guess you don’t read my blah-gs that often), and just plain old RIGHT with GOD and the world.

She made me smile ! I hope a few of those pills in the Ambulance didn’t jump out of a bottle, hit the driver on his left nose, Rica shay off the oxygen tank and fly down her throat... I doubt it BUT SHE WAS HAPPY !!

I saved that audio clip too, just for you ! CLICK HERE or you can find it at http://www.k3sam.com/800/audio/Medic202-08Aug05.mp3.

If you don’t carry an 800 Mhz radio, have a good day.

If you do carry an 800 Mhz radio, I’ll pray for you.

DECODED,
K3SAM

http://800.k3sam.com





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?