Saturday, July 23, 2005

 

SPECIAL "R" EDITION

"R" is for READ

SPECIAL EDITION

As promised, even though I have a few friends at the Westmoreland County Department of Emergency Management, I will still report what I hear in hopes of making the new 800 Mhz Radio System a better system.

To that end…
** 911 IS STILL NOT HEARING THE RADIOS THAT ARE CALLING THEM ! **

People, Please do a RADIO CHECK before you go on your shift. Don’t be afraid to do SEVERAL radio tests each shift, just to make sure 911 is receiving you and paying attention. Read on.

ISSUE ONE
This AM your Police Desk Had An OPEN Mic ! (I could hear you…)

Then the dispatcher announces to the world that he has microphone problems. Geeeesh ! It already sounds as if the Dispatchers are EATING THEIR MICS. BACK OFF guys and gals, no one can understand you !

ISSUE TWO
Yesterday afternoon while in a conversation with GMan we heard Fairfield Fire Engine 111 call 911, THREE TIMES !

It took 2 minutes for 911 to acknowledge Engine 111.
HELLO !

ISSUE THREE
Last night Ligonier Township Car 4-70 called 911 without being answered more than twice. Again the time period was well over a minute before 911 answered. I can't keep using my web space to put these audio clips on to show you.
HELLO !

ISSUE FOUR
Derry Police Car 4-22 Called 911 Several Times without getting a reply last night. Again, a minute and a half went by before 911 answered.
HELLO !!

I do have an issue five and six however I can’t see continuing.

YOU ARE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS, PLEASE REVIEW YOUR TAPES AND CHECK !

If you want me to provide you with dates/times and recordings, just YELL. I’ll hear you. Of course that would be a UNION JOB, No Desk Required as I work from from the Booger Bunker.

I AM DOING THIS BECAUSE…
You are there for a reason !
To help the Police / Fire / EMS / Sheriffs / County Police / Detectives / Coroners / Road and Park Maintenance / $taleys / etc… and if you

CAN’T HEAR THEM YOU CAN’T HELP THEM !
I CARE.

Special Edition Finished

Decoded,
K3SAM

PS: I put a little file up, an audio file that is.

I used a quick clip from Derry Police Car 4-22 calling for 911 and mixed it with a special voice. I must tell you that it is not an actual real time recording.. just some AWARNESS POKING !
The voice from Derry PD and the fact he couldn’t reach 911 is all REAL.
CLICK HERE TO HEAR



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?