Sunday, June 12, 2005

 

VEWY FERST POST

IN THE BEGINNING

After using Hamblog and my own website, GMan has instructed me to try this site for my BLAH-G. Being the nice guy that I am, I will "try" (as I normally try anything twice... once to see if I like it and the second time to verify).

First I will say that I like the look and feel of this Microsoft type based like editor thingy and it is easy to change things in a rush. However I don't like the fact that Comic Script isn't available. HOW CAN I BE PHUNNY ?

Getting down to business (in case you are a first time reader), for now the blah-g (blog for beginners, blah-g for advanced), it is still posted at the K3SAM.COM website ( http://blog.k3sam.com ) until a final resting place (site) is found.

THEN THERE WAS ADAM

Ok, I'm not Adam, I am K3SAM. Yeh, legally. I have been covering the 911 Public Service switch-over from conventional VHF / UHF radio to 800 Mhz trunking radio in this fine county.

Westmoreland County is so hilly with rolling mountains that this boogers guess is that at least 39 sites were needed to receive and rebroadcast signals from all the cars and portables ! Wowzers. This is much more than an experiment, it is a "must succeed" task in which many organizations (mostly fire) have objected to. It better work with many many millions of tax payers dollars invested ! However, so far.. so good.

Starting in and around November of 2004 services began coming on line. June 1st yielded another 19 or so fire, police and EMS services to the system. Over 165 talk groups (TG's) are currently in service along with a ton of radios. Radios and TG's can be identified by using the PRO96COM program.

THEN THERE WAS EVE

Eve ? Sorry, I meant Evening ! It's at the breaking point where I have to make a decision on which site to post my BLAH-G as I know people in the know read it. I must first give you a run-down of tonights 800 Mhz scanner activity in Westmoreland County, Pa. ..

People talked
Sirens sounded
Criminals walked
And kids were grounded

Ok, not an update... BUT WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE MY REAL UPDATES ! Usually heads roll and there is gnashing of teeth... oh the blood !! Check out http://800.k3sam.com and click on Blog.

Until then..
DECODED,
K3SAM

800 MHz GUIDE for WESTMORELAND COUNTY

BEST FREQUENCY LIST IN TOWN - WESTMORELAND, PA.



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?